Plan a regional gathering of AHP members in your area
Download Gathering Guidelines [pdf]
Please review and submit the details of the AHP Gathering you propose to Katie Navarra 518-312-7032 (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Chris Brune 386-760-7743, (email@example.com).
Pick a date and time for the meet-up.
- Provide date and time a few weeks prior to allow Chris to promote the event through AHP’s email and social media outlets.
- Time of day depends on what’s going on at the event or where the gathering is held. Usually, one to two hours is sufficient, but this can be flexible.
Pick a location.
- Gatherings held during an event attract more attendees if they are held during the event hours and on the event grounds. Gatherings can also be held at restaurants or other venues, however the location needs to be a place that members can easily get to.
- So far the gatherings have been at trade shows. Horse shows and racetracks are great locations, but may require a slightly different setup or criteria.
- There doesn’t need to be a presentation or sponsor.
- Meetings at restaurants are everyone pays their own.
- Any free tours, passes, etc. would be appreciated, but secondary to the social aspect of the gathering.
Provide a contact cell phone number and email.
- Hosts provide a cell phone number for on-site texting/calls if necessary.
- We’ve found that asking potential attendees to RSVP has worked really well.
Suggest a target audience.
- For the gatherings at events or places, AHP can target members within the region. However many events draw from greater distances if members are attending the event therefore we can send notices to all members. You may also want to reach out and invite members you know in the area or who are attending the event or you feel will benefit from meeting other members. Members are allowed to bring a guest who may be a prospective member or someone members would be interested in meeting.
Let us know what AHP can provide to support you.
- We can provide brochures on writing press releases if you would like them; otherwise it’s best to have a board member, past president, or veteran member present to answer questions about the organization and membership and to provide Chris’ contact information for more in-depth inquiries. Please let us know if you have specific questions or needs.
- With the gatherings that have taken place to date, we’ve found that the social aspect of the meetup is what they enjoy. Attendees are looking to meet members who live in their area, network with businesses, freelancers, and media members, catch-up with colleagues, and chat about general business “practices.”
- Snap a few photos of those who attend so we can share it on social media.
- Please forward a list of the names of everyone who attended.
Send Chris and Katie a brief note on how the gathering went, who attended, and comments on how we can improve the event.